Assignment: Environment Assessment Template.
Assignment: Environment Assessment Template.
A 35-year-old comes to the clinic. He states, “It’s getting close to allergy season and I need something to keep me from getting sick. Last year the doc gave me a shot, a spray, some pills, and an inhaler. They worked really well but I don’t remember what they were. Can I have those things again? I just can’t afford to miss work.”
Please answer the following questions in a narrative format:
1–Discuss the epidemiology of allergies.
2—What are your treatment options (consider pharmacoeconomic)? Compare first and second-generation antihistamines.
3– What education will you provide to the patient?
1 initial post, 2 replies using APA 6th format. All posts must be supported by peer-reviewed articles no older than 5 years of publication.
Clearly, diagnosis is a critical aspect of healthcare. However, the ultimate purpose of a diagnosis is the development and application of a series of treatments or protocols. Isolated recognition of a health issue does little to resolve it.
In this module’s Discussion, you applied the Clark Healthy Workplace Inventory to diagnose potential problems with the civility of your organization. In this Portfolio Assignment, you will continue to analyze the results and apply published research to the development of a proposed treatment for any issues uncovered by the assessment.
· Review the Resources and examine the Clark Healthy Workplace Inventory, found on page 20 of Clark (2015).
· Review the Work Environment Assessment Template.
· Reflect on the output of your Discussion post regarding your evaluation of workplace civility and the feedback received from colleagues.
· Select and review one or more of the following articles found in the Resources:
· Clark, Olender, Cardoni, and Kenski (2011)
· Clark (2018)
· Clark (2015)
· Griffin and Clark (2014)
The Assignment (3-6 pages total):
Part 1: Work Environment Assessment (1-2 pages)
· Review the Work Environment Assessment Template you completed for this Module’s Discussion.
· Describe the results of the Work Environment Assessment you completed on your workplace.
· Identify two things that surprised you about the results and one idea you believed prior to conducting the Assessment that was confirmed.
· Explain what the results of the Assessment suggest about the health and civility of your workplace.
Part 2: Reviewing the Literature (1-2 pages)
· Briefly describe the theory or concept presented in the article(s) you selected.
· Explain how the theory or concept presented in the article(s) relates to the results of your Work Environment Assessment.
· Explain how your organization could apply the theory highlighted in your selected article(s) to improve organizational health and/or create stronger work teams. Be specific and provide examples.
Part 3: Evidence-Based Strategies to Create High-Performance Interprofessional Teams (1–2 pages)
· Recommend at least two strategies, supported in the literature that can be implemented to address any shortcomings revealed in your Work Environment Assessment.
· Recommend at least two strategies that can be implemented to bolster successful practices revealed in your Work Environment Assessment.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.