You are to be brief but specific in your response. Make sure that you incorporate evidence from the texts to support your thinking. Be sure to cite AND include the page number whenever possible.
1. In summary, what would you say is the purpose of Buddhist practice, and what is it that makes it relevant in a way that it applies to all religions and all cultures around the world?
2. As Prothero explains in this chapter, what does Buddhism see as “the problem” in the world? What is “the solution?”
3. You are a Buddhist teacher. One of your new students has just spoken in a disrespectful way to a Christian who has joined the class as a guest. You have decided to help all your students (and their invited guests) deal with this disrespect by using the present moment as a “teachable moment.” In your ”teachable moment” talk, include what you believe is (a) the “root cause” of this disrespect, (b) why it happened, and (c) what we all need to do to make sure that it won’t happen again. Were you able to make your teaching crystal clear? It will be if your talk includes the answers to these two questions: (1) Can my story help to expand your understanding? (2) Can your story expand mine so that I better understand the world?
4. Using one of the stories we read this week as the foundation of your discussion, explain what this Buddhist teaching means: “The opposing view is always valuable. Look for underlying commonalities to find solutions of mutual benefit.” Remember to draw upon specific ideas or concepts from the story that help make your discussion clear.
5. Drawing on your own life experience, think of a turning point or instance when you began to see the world in a different light as Neil Heslin did in his conversation with Thich Nhat Hanh about the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting (see Step 5). What role did anger play in your understanding this new way of looking at the world? How did “working through anger” help you to grow? Draw parallels between specific ideas or concepts from the story of the Sandy Hook Elementary School to help make your discussion clear.
6. Using one of this week’s stories from My Neighbor’s Faith or what you learned from Pema Chodron (see Step One and/or Step Eleven) as a specific example, explain the idea of impermanence, no-self, and suffering. Remember to draw upon specific ideas or concepts from the story that help make your discussion clear.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.