It is important to understand how those suffering from mental health problems may be affected by the social stigma attached to mental health and the discrimination they experience. Often times, stigmas attached to a mental health diagnosis may perpetuate their issues, which in turn, can make their troubles worse, making it challenging to seek out professional help. In your paper:
1. Provide a definition of stigma in the mental health field, and how it affects individuals seeking professional help (2 points).
2. Define the term disability, and explain how it plays a role in health and well-being (2 points).
3. Describe how certain diagnoses may be overused or frequently misdiagnosed. (3 points)
4. Of the five listed, select one to further your discussion: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Depression, and Bipolar. Use mental health journals to support your findings, such as Psychology Today, Journal of Mental Health, or The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. Why did you select the diagnosis you did? Does the diagnosis you chose directly affect you, or someone you know? If so, how has this been a challenge for you or that person? (4 points)
5. Provide U.S. statistics on that illness with regards to adults and children. Your answer should contain at least three statistics supported with empirical evidence from the text and/or mental health journals, such as Psychology Today, Journal of Mental Health, or The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. You may also use another Journal you find, so long as it fits the aforementioned criteria for this assignment. (5 points).
6. Select one of the contemporary sociological theories covered in this course and apply it to health and medicine, including a discussion of health care benefits, life choices that may contribute to mental health disorders, and/or lack of resources for individuals with mental illnesses. (4 points)
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.