Divided into two parts. The first part is a self-reflection of the case you will review, and the second part allows you to consider how to apply theory to this case.
For this assignment, revisit the Structural Family Therapy Role Play video located in the resources area for this week. As you watch it, try to erase what you have learned thus far about theory, and then answer these questions based on your own reflections, ideas, understanding of human behavior, etc. For Part One of this week’s assignment, via audio or video, you will reflect on the following questions:
1) From your own perspective, what is the “presenting problem” in this scenario, and why would you label this as the biggest problem in this couple’s relationship?
2) What do you see about the man and the woman in this example that play a role in how the problem became as big as it is?
3) What do you notice or hear as the therapist talks to the couple that you would define as “context” to the problem (e.g., client’s background, race, religion, and other cultural differences)?
4) Using either SPAMO or SMART goals, provide at least two examples of questions you would ask in order to learn more about the client’s goal for therapy.
5) If you were to label a direction for therapy in the future, what would you say is the most important direction for therapy (e.g., what would your perception of one major goal be)?
Record your audio or video using Kaltura Capture. A Kaltura Capture tutorial is provided in the weekly resources.
For the second part of your work, you will reflect on the same questions as above, but rather than focusing on what you thought, you will put on structural “glasses” and consider what a structural therapist might explore. (Note: You may need to review the readings from the week on structural family therapy).
Reflect on the following questions, which will make up Part Two of your work:
1) From a structural perspective, what is a “presenting problem” in this scenario? Why do you think structural therapists would label this as the problem?
2) How would a structural therapist define how this couple’s “system” is working and how the man and the woman in this example that play a role in how the problem got to be as big as it is?
3) What do you think a structural therapist might notice or hear about as the therapist talks to the couple that they might define as “context” to the problem (e.g., client’s background, race, religion, and other cultural differences?)
4) If a structural therapist had to identify one direction for this couple, what might be one goal for future therapeutic work according to the structural model?
5) What is one intervention or “tool” that a structural therapist might use as a guide to help them reach that goal?
Please also provide a brief summary of any notable similarities or differences in these two.
Length: Part 1: 3-5 minutes of audio/video; Part 2: 2-4 pages
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.