FNU Family Assestment Paper
FNU Family Assestment Paper
FLORIDA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
RN TO BSN PROGRAM
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
FAMILY HEALTH ASSESSMENT
After you have read chapter 29 and 30 choose a family in your community and conduct a family health assessment using the following questions below.
1. Family composition.
Type of family, age, gender and racial/ethnic composition of the family.
2. Roles of each family member. Who is the leader in the family? Who is the primary provider? Is there any other provider?
3. Do family members have any existing physical or psychological conditions that are affecting family function?
4. Home (physical condition) and external environment; living situation (this must include financial information). How the family support itself.
For example; working parents, children or any other member
5. How adequately have individual family members accomplished age-appropriate developmental tasks?
6. Do individual family member’s developmental states create stress in the family?
7. What developmental stage is the family in? How well has the family achieve the task of this and previous developmental stages?
8. Any family history of genetic predisposition to disease?
9. Immunization status of the family?
10. Any child or adolescent experiencing problems
11. Hospital admission of any family member and how it is handled by the other members?
12. What are the typical modes of family communication? It is affective? Why?
13. How are decisions make in the family?
14. Is there evidence of violence within the family? What forms of discipline are use?
15. How well the family deals with crisis?
16. What cultural and religious factors influence the family health and social status?
17. What are the family goals?
18. Identify any external or internal sources of support that are available?
19. Is there evidence of role conflict? Role overload?
20. Does the family have an emergency plan to deal with family crisis, disasters?
Identify 3 nursing diagnosis and develop a short plan of care using the nursing process.
Please present a summary of your assessment in an APA format on a 12 Arial font, word document attached to the forum in the discussion tab of the blackboard title “family assessment” Please use at least 3 scholarly evidence-based practice references besides the class textbook to sustain your assessment. A minimum of 1000 words are required, excluding the first and reference page (Websites can be used but will not count toward grading). 2 replies to any of your peer’s assessment are required sustained by the proper references. You must identify two family problems and present a nursing care plan using the nursing process addressing the problems.
The assignment must be posted in the discussion tab of the blackboard for your peers to discuss and in Turnitin to verify originality.
Due date: Saturday March 23, 2019 @ 11:59 PM
If you have any questions, please contact me via e-mail as soon as possible.
FNU Family Assestment Discussion
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.