Throughout this course and all upper-division accounting classes, you will complete two Career Preparation (CP) assignments per course to help you get ready for your career in accounting. Please select two of the options below and complete one during the first half of your course. The other selection should be completed during the second half of your course.
1. Go to a professional association meeting, such as a local chapter meeting of the Institute of Management Accountant (IMA), Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA), or your state board of accountancy. Write a paper that meets the criteria above, and explains what you learned from this meeting and how this will influence your accounting career.
2. Research a professional license, certification, or designation related to accounting. Write a paper that meets the criteria above, and explains what you learned from your research and how this will influence your accounting career.
3. Create a LinkedIn profile, or update your current profile (.linkedin.com/”>www.linkedin.com). Connect with your instructor and your fellow classmates. Write a paper that meets the criteria above, and explains why networking through LinkedIn is beneficial and how it will impact your career.
4. Complete the Career Services Accounting Internship Checklist through the Career Services Department at GCU. Write a paper that meets the criteria above and explains what you learned through this process and how it will influence your job search. Include a scan of your completed and signed checklist as an appendix to your paper.
5. Go to a GCU Accounting Society meeting on campus. Write a paper that meets the criteria above and explains what you learned from this meeting and how this will influence your accounting career.
6. Go to a special event on campus that is related to accounting or business, such as “Meet the Firms” or “Road to the CPA.” Write a paper that meets the criteria above and explains what you learned from this event and how this will influence your accounting career.
7. Find an Excel tutorial online, and complete the tutorial. Write a paper that meets the criteria above and explains what you learned by completing the tutorial and how this will help you in your accounting career. Be sure to include the link to the specific tutorial that you complete, and if a certificate of completion is available, embed the certificate in your paper.
8. Complete the GCU Career Compass, located at .gcu.edu/Career-Services/Career-Compass.php”>http://www.gcu.edu/Career-Services/Career-Compass.php. Write a paper that meets the criteria above, and explains what you learned by completing the Career Compass and how this will help you in determining your career path.
9. Participate in other activities as directed by your course instructor.
10. If you have an activity that you plan to participate in that will enhance your career knowledge, you may ask your instructor if you may use this as a CP assignment opportunity.
Each assignment is worth a maximum of 25 points and must be between 750 and 1,000 words. The paper may be written in the first person, and the writing must be grammatically correct. At least two external sources should be cited. Papers must be submitted within one week of the event date.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.