Insider Trading in America Thesis: This paper explores insider trading and how despite the fact that the SEC takes many measures to prevent insider trading, it is still quite prevalent in todays world.
Questions of Inquiry: · What is insider trading?
o When someone gives inside information about a stock that will go up and make lots of profit.
· Positive and Negative Impacts
o Cons: harms the market
o Cons: investors lose money
o Pro: gives information about the number of people who are selling stocks
o Pro: financial gain · Who has been involved in insider trading?
o Martha Stewart o Rajat Gupta o Billy Walters · What does the SEC to combat inside trading?
o Restrict certain types of trading · What theories can be used to explain insider trading?
o Misappropriation theory
o Classical theory · How does insider trading effect the individual and the society?
o Stock Market Structure ·
· Positive and Negative impacts
· Who has been involved? · Effects on society · Ways to combat insider trading · Theoretical perspectives · Conclusion Reference Brightman, H. J., Howard, L. W., & ProQuest (Firm). (2009). Today’s white-collar crime: Legal, investigative, and theoretical perspectives. New York: Routledge.
– This book looks at white- collar crime as a whole. It explains what white-collar crime is and why it matters. As insider trading is a form of white-collar crime, I believe this book will give me a better insight on the different aspects of white-collar crime. Finally, this book goes through different theoretical perspective of white-collar crimes. Cichos, T. (1995). The misappropriation theory of insider trading: Its past, present and future. Seattle University Law Review, 18(2), 389.
– This article discusses the misappropriation theory and where it stems from. It talks about how this theory can be used in court and has yet to be rejected. In addition, it goes through many different case studies that have used this theory. Liu, L., & Miller, S. L. (2019). Intersectional approach to top executive White?Collar offenders discourses: A case study of the Martha Stewart and Sam Waksal insider trading scandal. Sociological Inquiry, 89(4), 600-623. doi:10.1111/soin.12265 – In this article it talks about the Martha Stewart and Sam Waksal involvement in the insider trading scandal. The main focus of the article is on the inequality and gendered discourse among white-collar offenders.
Finally, they talk about both Martha and Sam and how the both utilized media during the scandal. McGee, R. W. (2008;2007;). Applying ethics to insider trading. Journal of Business Ethics, 77(2), 205-217. doi:10.1007/s10551-006-9344-6 – This article discusses the ethical perspectives of insider trading and the pros and cons it has on the community. It goes into further detail about who can be harmed in the process, such as the employed, the stake holder or the potential sellers. In addition, the article gives insight on the beneficial effects of insider trading.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.