POS 152 FINAL PROJECT
The Final Project will take the following form:
POS 152 Final Project–Build Your Nation State (Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your National Life)
Consider the following revolutions: Guatemala (1954), Romania (1989), Serbia (2000), Rose Revolution (2003), Orange Revolution (2004), Tulip Revolution (2005). Choose one for examination.
1) What are the resources–e.g. human capital, natural resources, geopolitics–that were available to the new regime the day after the revolution (at a minimum, you should explain the information for each of the seven categories used in the profiles in the CIA World Factbook.)
2) What caused the revolution? How can a recurrence be prevented? (This would involve a social autopsy.)
3) From among the political philosophers covered in class (Socrates in the Crito, Matthew 25:31-46, Plato’s Republic, Marcus Aurelius, Hsun Tzu, Aristotle, Hume, Locke, Hobbes, Burke, Rousseau, Marx), which would be useful in setting up a new state/society from the day after the revolution onwards and why? Why would those you did not choose not be applicable?
4) How would the new state/ society proceed to function to avoid domestic pitfalls and to improve domestic situations? (This would be an opportunity to apply Winter’s categories of behavior/schemata. This would also be an opportunity to apply the theory of Complex Adaptive Systems to significant individuals and interest groups within the country.)
5) How would the new state/society function in the international arena, i.e. as a newly created agent in the fitness landscape of international relations? What would be involved in dealing with international organizations, particularly to secure aid of various sorts and how should the new state approach international organizations of a quasi-governmental nature (e.g. the United Nations, World Court, European Union, agencies in the UN Secretariat?) How would the new state/society avoid war, both hot and cold?
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.