1. The disease process includes how a person contracts a disease, what happens to the body and to the disease while the disease progresses, and _____.
A. how long it takes to get cured
B. how the disease ends
C. how well the person fights off the disease
D. what types of medications are used to treat the disease
2. Mary ate a cheeseburger at the local diner. She later contracted an E. coli bacterial infection from eating the beef in the burger. What was the etiology of Mary’s infection?
A. The diner
B. E. coli bacteria
C. The cheeseburger
D. Her gastrointestinal system
3. The etiology of a disease can be a _____.
C. break in the skin
D. both a and b
4. Microbes that help you digest food are called _____.
A. gastric acids
B. resident flora
C. normal fauna
D. digestive bacteria
5. Beneficial microbes that can travel inside the body can become _____.
A. normal flora
B. opportunistic microbes
C. resident flora
D. part of the bloodstream
6. Infections are caused by _____.
A. harmful microbes
B. resident flora
D. both a and c
7. The symptoms of fever, chills, redness and swelling are indicators of _____.
A. the flu
B. a dislocation
C. Alzheimer’s disease
8. _____ are found everywhere and are the most common cause of infection.
9. The difference between bacteria and viruses is that _____.
A. viruses are contagious
B. viruses must live inside a host
C. bacteria must live inside a host
D. viruses are not parasites
10. Antibiotics _____ kill viruses.
A. can sometimes
C. do not
D. are being developed to
11. Fungi survive by _____.
A. attaching themselves to a host
B. digesting rocks and minerals
C. absorbing and digesting organic material
D. both a and c
12. _____ are small bundles of protein.
13. Fungi are _____ toxic.
14. The tsetse fly is an example of a _____.
C. parasitic host
D. parasitic insect
15. _____ are NOT parasites.
16. Helminths grow in the _____ of animals and humans.
B. cardiovascular system
C. respiratory tract
D. digestive tract
17. Parasitic worms can be passed from one host to another through _____.
D. your dog
18. Protozoa are a type of parasite found in _____.
A. feces and urine
B. water and soil
C. water and air
19. In developing countries, protozoa may be found in _____.
C. the air
D. the water
20. The body’s first line of defense is the _____.
A. immune system
C. integumentary system
D. respiratory system
21. Pain, reddening, swelling, blisters or charred skin are indicators of _____.
A. a burn
B. a bacterial infection
22. _____ is important because of the risk of infection associated with burns.
A. A daily bath
B. A sterile environment
C. Moving the patient every two hours
D. Applying ointments
23. Swelling most often occurs as the result of _____.
B. blunt trauma or too much pressure
C. being left in one position for too long
24. Sometimes swelling is a sign of _____.
A. inflammation and infection
D. both a and c
25. One of the most important ways that you can help a client avoid bed sores is by _____.
A. using a gait belt or draw sheet when moving the client
B. scrubbing the client’s skin well when bathing to revitalize the skin cells
C. encouraging her to sit in a wheelchair rather than in her bed
D. reminding the client to keep her bed sheets smoothed
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.